Friday 11 June 2010

Featured Artist: Ronny Lufwa

Today Azul Ink talks to print designer and future web designer Ronny Lufwa. See his painting of Azul Ink's owner and his witty interview below:

Azul Ink
: Hey Ronny. How are you today?

Ronny Lufwa
: I'm doing good. How 'bout you?

AI: Azul Ink is fine. Well today you're our featured artist. So tell us, which artist inspires you?

RL: Myself *laughs depreciatively* No in all seriousness I like Patrick Boyer.

AI: Any particular reasons why?

RL: I like his style of design and I like the way he uses different images to create his montages.

AI: So what area of design are you in?

RL
: Originally I started out in printing and print design. Recently I've been contemplating on moving into web design and animation.

AI: Azul Ink is wondering.. what triggered this change?

RL: I wouldn't say its a change, I just wanna be more flexible you know? I want to be able to create my own websites and design web content. Plus I believe that the print industry is on the way down and you know, the Internet is the way forward.

AI: How many websites have you designed so far then Mr. L?

RL: I'd say three websites.

AI: What programmes do you use to create your sites? Are you a Flash man or more of a Dreamweaver?

RL: I use Adobe Photoshop to design interfaces and Dreamweaver to build and complete the website. However, I've recently learned to design websites using Flash and I think I'm in love. I mean, it's soo much easier.

AI: Well Azul Ink is impressed, she too is a Flash girl. So Mr Lufwa talk us through the work you have done for the owner of Azul Ink...a painting I believe?

RL: Yes I took a picture of the owner and after looking at it, it inspired me to do a painting of it using Photoshop. It was my first attempt as well. It wasn't hard but required alot of patience. I had to match the skin tone and use the correct brush tool to paint. It was a good experience you know and I think it came out all right. I'm definitely gonna do it again.

AI: Azul Ink's owner thought it was more than all right as it is now her display pic on blogger! So well done Mr Lufwa! And thanks for your time.

RL: Cheers mate!

See Ronny Lufwa's painting below( click to enlarge) and look out for more featured artist interviews by Azul Ink.

No comments:

Post a Comment